Yesterday, it was -24 in Toronto. But I didn’t want to screw up my training plan three weeks in a row. So I ran.
Here’s what happens when you run in -24 weather:
1. Your water bottle freezes.
2. But it will leak before it freezes and drip all over your thigh. That’s okay, though, because you don’t get wet: it will freeze and you will run with ice on your leg.
3. You will weather 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of tights and 4 tops.
4. Your snot will get all over your face mask. And then this snot will freeze.
5. Your eyes will water. And then this water will freeze on your eyelashes.
Other than the water bottle issue, I think it went a-okay. I was supposed to run for 60 minutes, but after I assessed the amount of ice on my body, I cut it short after 40 minutes. Keeping all my appendages beats getting an extra 20 minutes of running in.