Tomorrow, it will be three weeks since I ran the Ottawa Marathon.
In these three weeks, I have not run once. Instead I have done the following:
1. Worked on a few writing projects.
2. Went to an art festival. Bought some art.
3. Bought the mirror our living room has needed since 2010.
4. Went to a Blue Jays game.
5. Accidentally stayed out until 3am guilt-free.
6. Slept in the next day.
7. Confirmed my NYC training plan with my coach.
8. Started tracking calories and food consumption, which is time consuming and ridiculous and I want to stop soon. But it’s been a good learning experience.
9. Framed my marathon bibs – a thing I once thought was ridiculous. Until I ran a marathon.
10. Went to two street festivals.
11. Went to Toronto Island.
12. Got a new phone! iPhone 5s, yes!
Basically, this list is proof of HOW MUCH FREE TIME one has when one isn’t marathon training. It’s mind boggling.
I’ll get back to running soon. But I’m not in a rush. Toronto in June is perfect and I want to make the best of it while I can.